Thread: Motor sports / performance parts manufacturers wanted

Motor sports / performance parts manufacturers wanted

So Race Magazine has a new website and I need to get some non magazine revenue going so I can keep it afloat. I want to stock or resell stuff that is a bit more specific than the usual spark plug and oil filter online stores. If you know of anyone that has a product but doesn't particularly want to do the sales themselves, let me know. I'm running a lean model so the cut doesn't need to be Jerry Harvey levels.

New site is www.racemagazine.online

Thanks cunts
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Quote Originally Posted by seedyrom
    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

no mods, leave it stock Jack Nicholson's Avatar
    B̶e̶v̶e̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶H̶i̶l̶l̶s̶,̶ ̶C̶A̶ Baulkham Hills, NSW
    Can I suggest;

Sticker packs; battery, tow, etc
    Race numbers, roundels, etc
    Fire extinguishers "CAMS approved"
    Tow hooks, tow straps
    Tyre pressure gauges

And other little things that people need to put a car out in a track
    Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR

Quote Originally Posted by Marv View Post
    Look, just because you drive a couple of imported luxo Pommy cars doesn't mean you need to act like an Imperialistic Lapdog and be the last bastion of defence for Straya The Beaut's mid-20th-Century ideals
    Quote Originally Posted by nutttr View Post
    People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Great idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duct tape
    Electrical tape
    Cable ties
    10mm socket bulk packs

"Motorsport Essentials Toolkit" in a nice box or bag.

Look, just because you drive a couple of imported luxo Pommy cars doesn't mean you need to act like an Imperialistic Lapdog and be the last bastion of defence for Straya The Beaut's mid-20th-Century ideals
    People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

^^ Re the tapes described above, Proper versions aka OEM style loom tapes that allow people to make/wrap/repair looms in a somewhat factory manner, not the useless auto-shop stuff.
    ---
    Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Thanks, great ideas!
    I can get alloy and steel hybrid trolley jacks too, would retail at about $180 I think.
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

If you're doing jacks, also get the rubber blocks with the slot in them to lift on pinch welds without damage, and the sleeves to go over the handle.

^ This
    Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars

Can I add to the suggestions above - electrical connectors, fuse boxes, wires and crimping tools at a price/quality point between the rubbish that car parts stores carry, and the mil spec Motec stuff.

Edit: And an SSL cert for your site.
    Last edited by Sprinkles; 09-10-18 at 07:35 PM.

Iíd be all for the wiring bits but to be honest theres a billionty different styles types and sizes of connector that unless itís your thing it would mean having an arse load of stock.

In the same vein proper OEM wring with proper OEM trace colours would be handy. I currently buy short lengths (1-30m) out of the UK or mainland Europe so that any integration stuff I do is a 100% factory look and feel. But thereís probably 60 different combinations of colour, insulation type and wire gauge just to have basic coverage of whatís in contemporary vehicles.

What about stuff like those dash crack repair kits, cerakote and other largely US market products that have little penetration into the Aus market but have a reasonable online profile?
    ---
    Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5AC93DE4-E1F1-458E-8292-CFA769769603.jpeg 
Views:	19 
Size:	2.77 MB 
ID:	108810Cool, Iíve been checking out some Wholesalers.
    I can get Deutsch connector mega kit for a price to the public of about $180 (EFI hardware sell them for $230) and hybrid trolley jacks (same as pictured. I bought one partly due to need and partly to confirm they are good quality - which it seems to be) for about $180. All plus postage but thatís about $12 and $25 respectively.
    Last edited by Jim; 10-10-18 at 01:26 PM.

Oh and the site has ssl, not sure why it doesnít work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Thanks, great ideas!
    I can get alloy and steel hybrid trolley jacks too, would retail at about $180 I think.
    Please ensure you're getting them from a local (Australian) based distributor.
    Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Most certainly am. No overseas drop selling except for the Whitemorph which is out of the UK and arrives faster than local aus post.

Are those prices competitive? A quick search seems to indicate it would be but a second opinion is nice.
    Last edited by Jim; 10-10-18 at 01:35 PM.

No, no, I am just thinking for insurance reasons. Once you're importing direct from manufacturer/O/S you are deemed the manufacturer. You do not want to be a jack manufacturer.
    Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Quote Originally Posted by Guido View Post
    No, no, I am just thinking for insurance reasons. Once you're importing direct from manufacturer/O/S you are deemed the manufacturer. You do not want to be a jack manufacturer.
    Was my inital thoughts when you said jacks. You seem to be on top of it tho.