Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pajeros any good?

Ok home.
    Averaged a shade over 7l/100 on the way home which is epic economy.
    Has a mild shudder at 110, suspect needs an alignment so will book that in. Otherwise besides the fucked head deck it's solid.
    I paid 5500 which considering the prices on Carsales is a bargain, I can really only put this down to it being in a regional town that people from cities can't be fucked getting to to inspect/purchase. Plus his wife on his case to move it on.

It does have a bit of diff backlash which I will need to get used to and it's a slow cunt of a thing which is also not what I'm used to but it's going to be a fun thing to own.

Can a mod move this to PF 4x4 section?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gussy View Post
    It's the PF way. "Put a twin turbo LS in it brah, you'll have it converted and running in 2.5 hours and make an eazy 1000rwkw, lulz" All while the same people who suggest this stuff drive around in a corolla and have a fucked VN sitting in the garage for the past 3 years as a "project car."

Quote Originally Posted by SkidFace View Post
    Ok home.

I paid 5500 which considering the prices on Carsales is a bargain,
    I know nothing about these, but, damn, that sounds cheap. What year model is it?

Either way, well done. Look great.
    1969 Datsun 1000 Sedan
    1989 1.6l Daihatsu Charade

Life For me Has it's UP'S and DOWN'S........ I fix ELEVATORS

2003 NP, not quite the top of the line spec one though. Turbo diesel manual.
    Yeah it's cheap. Similar are 9 to 12k on Carsales. It's a bit of a punt obviously, but I don't feel that advertising it for 10k would see me lose out on this buy. I won't be, but I have that in my mind.
    It's the PF way. "Put a twin turbo LS in it brah, you'll have it converted and running in 2.5 hours and make an eazy 1000rwkw, lulz" All while the same people who suggest this stuff drive around in a corolla and have a fucked VN sitting in the garage for the past 3 years as a "project car."

That's good buying

Removed fucked CD player DVD thing today. In doing so the central locking now doesn't work and the trip meter resets every time I start it. Wtf.
    So have to take it to local auto elec to get that looked at.
    In other news fuel economy is around 8l/100 which is epic.

Bought one new 2015 12month old demo with zero km on it.

It is NX so current model have done 60 k km.
    Its got plenty of bush pinstriping and plan on keeping that way more fresh stuff appearing on it when we take it 4wding.

Capably 4wd compared with playdo and 200 land cruiser as a tow vehicle go 200 or playdo
    Pajero came standard with rear diff lock and Independent rear suspension.
    No diff to collect on 2 wheel trails.
    40mm lovells springs, after market shocks and air bags with high pressure sleeves are a must and have transformed our beast into a very capable tow car or 4wd when the need arises.
    The oem springs are way under sprung imo it has also helped with onroad performance

A must is underbody protection on your model is rear bumper protection especially in the sand as they can try to scoop a large amount when every thing compressed at the back of the car.

The IRS is its biggest benefit but also its biggest down fall being you need to have regular wheel alignments if not setup correctly or it will chew out rear tires.

Our CVs spline to hub has started makes a clunk forward to reverse and in the throws of getting it replaced under warranty.

Its a fantastic car for the $$$.

Big shame as this supposedly its last model to be produced.

What is a playdo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Babalouie View Post
    Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

I think he means prado.

This thing has been good. Just dailied so far. Economy is still good, the ride isn't too bad and it's not a pain to park. First off road trip is planned for the new year so that will be fun.

i love the look of these! Rear locker and decent tyres and it will go everywhere. Well done mate
    Quote Originally Posted by The Property Guru
    don't haemophrodites generally have tiny wangs?
    Quote Originally Posted by oxy View Post
    No, that's asians
    A80 Supra
    80 Landcruiser

Rear locker is oem on newer models.
    Issue is they also take out the traction control /abs when engaged so the front diff is open centre.

There is a mod that you can leave front traction aid on with rear locker engaged.

Big tires if gone up to 32s 275 65 18 but have 50mm lift front and back doesn't touch or scrub.
    Looks massive next to stock ones now.

Toyota off diff lock as an option and only in higher spec vehicles.

Opens
    Quote Originally Posted by Morcs View Post
    Issue is they also take out the traction control /abs when engaged so the front diff is open centre.

There is a mod that you can leave front traction aid on with rear locker engaged.

Big tires if gone up to 32s 275 65 18 but have 50mm lift front and back doesn't touch or scrub.

Ive fitted this mod to my 2017 NX. Works well towing our huge camper trailer (with mud tyres just for cracka ) combined with factory locker.

Super capable package for what these things retail for (ours was 46k new driveaway or 2/3 Prado money for the same if not more shit).

So I got everything electric fixed tonight.
    Old mates previous wiring was fucked. Proper fucked. There was a bolt behind the dash with 4 earths that had been snipped off..no idea what was going on there. Anyway after much beer drinking, swearing and helper doggos slobbering on my seats we got the new JVC head unit in, Bluetooth phone calls all working, interior lights and trip meter all fixed, central locking all fixed and replaced 4 blown fuses. Apparently I shouldn't have hoiked the old head unit out myself without disconnecting the battery first. Whoops.
    Anyway next step is a service and a suss at a trip to beachport.

So I got everything electric fixed tonight.
    Old mates previous wiring was fucked. Proper fucked. There was a bolt behind the dash with 4 earths that had been snipped off..no idea what was going on there. Anyway after much beer drinking, swearing and helper doggos slobbering on my seats we got the new JVC head unit in, Bluetooth phone calls all working, interior lights and trip meter all fixed, central locking all fixed and replaced 4 blown fuses. Apparently I shouldn't have hoiked the old head unit out myself without disconnecting the battery first. Whoops.
    Before doing any wiring best to disconnect the batter again. Ah well a cheap lesson as you didn’t seem to do too much damage other than a couple fuses and most likely won’t do it again. All in all a win.

Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Quote Originally Posted by Morcs View Post

i think the triton mod was to run a seperate power line to the locker air pump or something like that?
    '67 Volkswagen Beetle 1300cc
    '09 VE SS

Quote Originally Posted by Scrad
    You are like some sort of car rapist, Sticking things where they don't belong, and often don't fit nicely

Boring update.
    Removed the HID kit and installed factory bulbs.
    Still average 7 to 8 litres per 100. Very happy. Is a bit annoying to drive in peak but don't mind really.

Looking at a new set of tyres soon as these are close to being fucked, they screech around corners and low speed. Otherwise the car is excellent.

We service these things...

Also, up for Beachport trip!

Mate I was gonna give you a hoi! I'll see you as soon as I have time available.

Boring update.
    Removed the HID kit and installed factory bulbs.
    Still average 7 to 8 litres per 100. Very happy. Is a bit annoying to drive in peak but don't mind really.

Looking at a new set of tyres soon as these are close to being fucked, they screech around corners and low speed. Otherwise the car is excellent.
    It they are still screeching plenty of grip! Its when they wash with no noise your in trouble. It is a pajero after all, new tires screech around corners at low speeds

No, they're Maxxis. They don't have grip ever. Fucking woeful things. Had them on my old Rav4, 4cyl, scariest things I've ever used and I've had retreads in the past.

Yeah I knew from day one I'd need new tyres within a few thousand klms. Will be waiting until post Xmas before I do it though, they have a bit of meat left and I am poor until I can get through the silly season (buying meat and beer and smokers and shit costs big bucks these days).

Pajeros any good?

Yeah I knew from day one I'd need new tyres within a few thousand klms. Will be waiting until post Xmas before I do it though, they have a bit of meat left and I am poor until I can get through the silly season (buying meat and beer and smokers and shit costs big bucks these days).
    In all seriousness they looked fair hacked. What are you thinking of going to? AT, MT size?

Tyres can now never happen due to Skiddo’s barbeque commitments so just drive them down to the belts RIP Skidface
    Quote Originally Posted by TK View Post
    may 10 thousand malaria carrying mozzies attack their syphillis sores simultaniously whilst their shrivelled genitalia are nibbled by hungry gofers