Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ZD30 - Pin fell out of the Grenade

Opinionated Cunt perthdrivers.txt's Avatar
    The lack of consensus here can only mean one thing

1GZ TT

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfturbomax View Post
    What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
    1UZ+1NZ...

Chairbourn ranger! Mike Lowrrryyy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JZK25 View Post

LS1 is $1000 from Caboolture gumtree, that's why dudes with old shit GU's and GQ's use them, that and they sound obnoxious and that is a serious consideration for a deadshit in an old patrol.
    Quote Originally Posted by S View Post
    I just want to apologise for some of my shit talking back around page 5.

Fix the ZD30
    Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    Fuck I'm retarded

Registered User bigshipengine.jpg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dnegative View Post
    Fix the ZD30
    And then sell it?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    It Places the lotion in the basket!

Quote Originally Posted by bigshipengine.jpg View Post
    And then sell it?

Rebuild it, do another 200,000km without issue and worry about it tgen
    Fuck I'm retarded

Opens
    1hdfte. Heap of them been done. Hardest part is finding an engine (buying whole wreck at auction is the go). Going of JZK's prices, the whole conversion would be considerably less than any of the other diesel engines mentioned. And fucking bomb proof/reliable

How on earth is a 1HDFTE conversion going to be considerably less than anything else?
    The motor and box with everything eles attached is worth about $15k and is in demand, your not going to pick one up cheap from the auctions because they are worth really good money in spare parts.
    Then your left with the same costs as doing any other conversion.

Other options are the ISF2.8 and the ISF3.8 out of smashed Foton utes and trucks, fairly cheap because they were fitted to a Foton not a Nissan. You could probably get a complete vehicle at auction for half the price of what a 1HD box/motor will cost.
    Not going to be doing burnouts on the beach but are good little truck motors. They come in a SAE bellhousing so you can fit all sorts of shit to them, or just use the Foton box.
    Fuck I'm retarded

ZD30 - Pin fell out of the Grenade

Quote Originally Posted by dnegative View Post
    How on earth is a 1HDFTE conversion going to be considerably less than anything else?
    The motor and box with everything eles attached is worth about $15k and is in demand, your not going to pick one up cheap from the auctions because they are worth really good money in spare parts.
    Then your left with the same costs as doing any other conversion.

Other options are the ISF2.8 and the ISF3.8 out of smashed Foton utes and trucks, fairly cheap because they were fitted to a Foton not a Nissan. You could probably get a complete vehicle at auction for half the price of what a 1HD box/motor will cost.
    Not going to be doing burnouts on the beach but are good little truck motors. They come in a SAE bellhousing so you can fit all sorts of shit to them, or just use the Foton box.
    Out of interest do they fit easily to the ZD30 box? Is there an adapter available for box or transfer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by vet 180; 11-01-19 at 09:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Babalouie View Post
    Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Double
    Geez we're a bunch of softcocks...we have a 911 and we're obsessing over non-functional ducts and indicator colours

Opens
    A mate just bought a complete ,'04 auto hdj100, rear end hit drivers side, superficial passenger side front damage, 290,000km, $9500. I know of 2 others similar situation, but higher km, both under $10k.

Most people just use the A750 auto that comes attached to them. Only real issue is the toyota transfer case rear output is drivers side offset, and patrol rear diffs are centred. Gets some funky driveline angles. Jim Lemonis ( Sideshows performance wiring ) does essentially plug n play looms for them. Someone has also started making adapters to use the RE4, can cop a shitliad more than the A750

Allan makes this sound like such an attractive proposition!
    Quote Originally Posted by TK View Post
    may 10 thousand malaria carrying mozzies attack their syphillis sores simultaniously whilst their shrivelled genitalia are nibbled by hungry gofers

Quote Originally Posted by T T Celica View Post
    A mate just bought a complete ,'04 auto hdj100, rear end hit drivers side, superficial passenger side front damage, 290,000km, $9500. I know of 2 others similar situation, but higher km, both under $10k.

Most people just use the A750 auto that comes attached to them. Only real issue is the toyota transfer case rear output is drivers side offset, and patrol rear diffs are centred. Gets some funky driveline angles. Jim Lemonis ( Sideshows performance wiring ) does essentially plug n play looms for them. Someone has also started making adapters to use the RE4, can cop a shitliad more than the A750
    Screw paying 10k for a 300km old drive line to use in a conversion.

Has anyone considered doing an electric conversion to one of these blown ZD30ís? I have considered for a Sierra before, but itís a very different proposition as you only need around 50hp.

I reckon rebuild to stock with new sensors and go for another 200km as others have said, or TD42 conversion OR sell up and get a factory td42 or 1hd patrol/cruiser if you really need that style of 4wd (the cruiser will be IFS unless its a 105 swap or a 80).

I cant see any conversion being less than 10-15k, sell yours for 5k to LS swapper and that gives you a budget of 20-25k - which should buy something fully set up with a "good" driveline. A V8 100 or 200 series could also be a good cheaper option if you dont mind the fuel burn.

Or if you can live without the live axle front, step into the 21st century and look at a late model *gasp - hold onto your panties, girls* Jap dual cab or the Colly 7/ MUX if you want a wagon. Depends what you use it for but the lighter weight fourbies drive so much nicer on road than the Pooeys and Cruisers. Especially since every 80, 100, 105, GQ, GU etc all have 250k ++ on them now all the bushes etc are flogged to death, which feels shitfull on a solid axle fourby (Patrol death wobbles anyone?)

There, I said it.
    Last edited by da9jeff; 12-01-19 at 10:21 PM.
    Tow car/camping bus: 2011 D40 Navara ST

Baby mobile: 2016 Nissan Qashqai

75 Mini Clubman club racer - DCOE powah

FJ cruisers are not a bad buy
    Fuck I'm retarded

Thanks for all the input guys, much appreciated!

After a fair amount of research, looking at auction prices for cars, adding up conversion pricing, et al - it seemed like 10K was the optimists version and really it was going to be 15K to do everything 'nice' without going over the top.
    As much as a TD42 would do the job, the cost of doing that isn't insignificant and they have their own issues.

Add to that the fact I would have to spend several weekends actually doing the conversion and it would have to be done it someone else's shed tipped me over.

Quote Originally Posted by ar3nbe View Post
    Having looked at a few conversions for Patrols myself, my final outcome will likely be to just buy a tb48 (currently in a tb45) and just drive the cunt.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperHoon View Post
    A smarter human would sell their running zd and get a tb48.
    You'd have to be pretty special to find value in fitting a TB48 to a patrol that wasn't built with it already fitted. Just buy a factory fitted car.
    So I started looking at TB48s and by all accounts the fuel consumption isn't woeful if you drive it sensibly and all the EFI is in good nick.
    They seem to be very reliable and towing is a no-brainer.

One of the local dodgy car dealers had one one locally that works for me - far less cost than any conversion.

Anyone interested in a 3 cylinder ZD30 patrol?
    Race Car: VT Commodore (Murray)
    www.vsport.com.au

Fine choice sir.

Sent from my VS Commodore eurovox headunit using Tapatalk

Nice one Gaz

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

1998 MX5 - Ohlins DFV coilovers, Roll bar,15 x7.5 Konig Litespeeds, Mania Intake
    2014 Colorado LT - Oversized Whitegoods. Kid/bike/track hack/horse hauler.

That will do the job nicely.

Eta till gtx42?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdyno
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripper
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Registered User bigshipengine.jpg's Avatar
    Good decision.

It Places the lotion in the basket!

Eurotrash :D
    /surely al would buy the busted one for skid factory things?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marv View Post
    Only be concerned if that Dunning-Kruger Motorsports bloke is there and goes all Captain Damphands McGigglefingers on you after a couple of lemon squashes....

I'M NOT A HOOKER BUT 20 BUCKS IS 20 BUCKS...

robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

I think you made a wise decision. Good work

Good decision. Combine all the best bits onto one car as send the broken one on its way. The TB48 patrol is the best value for money Y61. Bulletproof and cheap. The one you picked up looks very clean in the pic

Nice pick up! Now for a big turbs and some boost

I did an auto TB48 with an S300 SXE and it fucking flew. Was scary how effortless it moved the giant thing along.

Last edited by JZK25; 16-01-19 at 05:24 PM.
    David Fraser - Automotive Historian!

Quote Originally Posted by bigmuz View Post
    You can't polish a turd but you can put 600hp in it and laugh your fucking arse off coming past someone sideways at Powercruise.

I did an auto TB48 with an S300 SXE and it fucking flew. Was scary how effortless it moved the giant thing along.

Yeah I have been in a few manuals with GTX35 though to GT55 and it is scary how effortless they move. The smaller turbos definitely feel better though. I found the manual causes the front to move around a lot on its vertical axis especially in the swb. On acceleration the front end pops right up and clutch depreciation it slams straight back down. I feel the auto would be a lot smoother and less violent.

Last edited by vet 180; 16-01-19 at 06:09 PM.

What was the real world fuel use like?

Sent from my VS Commodore eurovox headunit using Tapatalk

Owner says not much difference in fuel consumption considering the power increase. They are not economical, 20/100 if you are lucky on the highway, 30 towing.

This originally had a GT35 on it and it choked the engine so bad shit would catch fire and it wouldn't make more than 3 psi. Made 200kw atw at 3psi, think it's about 280 with the S300sxe with a 1.00 housing. The GT35 had a .8 or something dumb like that on it.

You can't polish a turd but you can put 600hp in it and laugh your fucking arse off coming past someone sideways at Powercruise.

What do you do engine management wise with them Al?

If it's auto you have to use the factory management, if manual haltech does a plug in. The twin 02 sensors were being turds with a single turbo on that car IIRC. Also needed an oversized slot MAF upgrade. Was tuned with UPRev which I think is the only support for them.
    I rated it, would own.

Hang on....20-30 per hundred what the actual fuck? Means you cannot travel anywhere decent.
    Quote Originally Posted by TK View Post
    may 10 thousand malaria carrying mozzies attack their syphillis sores simultaniously whilst their shrivelled genitalia are nibbled by hungry gofers