Thread: S14 brake upgrade

S14 brake upgrade

Whatís the new hotness (ie cheapest) brake upgrade for an s14? R32?

R33 GTST bigger rotor than 32gtst (296 vs 280)

Z32 twin turbo. Not sure if they are 280 or 296 tho.

R33 GTST 296mm x 30mm or R34 GTT 310mm x 30mm if you can find a set cheap (will need to drill upright for 14mm bolts for gtt brakes).

Are there kits or they just bolt on or ?..

z32 is 280 like 32gtst

Just bolt straight on

Can also just leave the s14 callipers and get dog bone adaptors from gktech and then run a 324mm x 30mm gtr rotor.

z32/r32 same as stock but alloy
    r33 same caliper piston but larger spacing so bigger rotor (296?)
    r34 same piston but lager spacing again (310), need to drill out knuckles to 14 mm from 12 mm. did this before up prices all over shop, i picked up a complete front set for $150 so worth it
    32 GTR similar size to R33 GTS-t but weird thickness so rotors ect way more expensive
    32 Vspec/ 33 GTR Brembo. What i went for mine, bolt on all round, need drum hubs on rear but can use non grt stuff so way more common ( what I went with for current car as bolt on) but price all over shop in alst year with GTR tax
    Evo Brembos ... fronts not too hard with adapters, rears expensive to get working, skyline hubs, adapter brackets, z34 rotors ect
    Infinity calipers , front only I think and way cheaper in America than here
    CVs-t as above, cheap in America, no idea after conversion/ shipping
    Seen one or 2 AMG 8 pot adapters floating around, front only I think

Quote Originally Posted by THE CHIEF View Post
    Can also just leave the s14 callipers and get dog bone adaptors from gktech and then run a 324mm x 30mm gtr rotor.
    This might be the go. Anyone know if engineers have an issue with dog bones?

r34 Gtt & 310mm rotors all bolt on per the earlier suggestion. Trim the disc backing plate and you're away. no dogbones required.
    RB26......................Again

Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR View Post
    This might be the go. Anyone know if engineers have an issue with dog bones?
    Not if made out of the right material and no welding, plus the right tensile bolts used.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever - Lance Armstrong (drug cheat)

Quote Originally Posted by fly510 View Post
    r34 Gtt & 310mm rotors all bolt on per the earlier suggestion. Trim the disc backing plate and you're away. no dogbones required.
    Thatís going to involve research and risk (ie getting sent the right bits and knowing that they arenít) as opposed to clicking on gteckís website

so maybe im over thinking it but s14 calipers are cast iron as opposed to the alloy units used on other nissans. I still maintain a bolt on factory option such as r32 GTR (296mm) or r34 GTT is better then dogbone & iron calipers on 324mm rotors.

if you're clicking a website get yourself some braided lines as well. Made a difference on mine.
    RB26......................Again

No research required, just buy a caliper and disc from the same skyline and bolt it on. No aftermarket parts required. My old bus had 32r calipers and discs.

You will also need a bigger skyline master cylinder as the bigger calipers take more fluid to move. I think I had a 33r master and a bolt on stopper brace. Worked well.

Sent from my VS Commodore eurovox headunit using Tapatalk
    Tow car/camping bus: 2011 D40 Navara ST

Baby mobile: 2016 Nissan Qashqai

75 Mini Clubman club racer - DCOE powah

Little engine that could. itsnotagsr's Avatar
    I'd look to see what has the cheapest good pads. No sense paying GTR tax for marginally bigger disks when GTST brake pads might be heaps cheaper?
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
    (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
    Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

The iron calipers will be stiffer (ooo errr missus) and possibly give better pedal feel, but will suck at shedding heat.
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

32 GTR are similar to 33 GTS-T but the disks are different thicknesses. AS less common the brakes rotors cost more.
    All Nissan non brembo 4 pots use the same pads Just rotors are different and legs/ clearance on the rotor to accomodate.

Buying from GKtech will probably be more of a hassle, with half the stuff needing modifying or breaking or not being great to begin with, rather than a complete bolt on stuff because nissan were lazy (bar r34 needing to drill out knuckles)

Quote Originally Posted by (Locky) View Post

Buying from GKtech will probably be more of a hassle, with half the stuff needing modifying or breaking or not being great to begin with, rather than a complete bolt on stuff because nissan were lazy (bar r34 needing to drill out knuckles)
    A lot of gktech stuff, yes but the calliper adaptors actually fit and work as advertised. Had a set on my r33, did over 20 track days braking from speeds in excess of 240 kph. No dramas with them at all, i didn't die, plus 324mm rotors can be had for as little as $150 brand new.

As far as engineering, thats a different ball game.

Opens
    Mine are engineered (qld). I have adapters on rear for 300mm disc as well.

Cheapest and best imo is r33gtst. Bolts right on. Engineer wont bat an eyelid. R34 is larger but more $$ r33 GTSt fits under stock wheels also.

Wilwood do a 4 piston kit. Uses factory Hub, just new rotor/caliper/pads etc

Quote Originally Posted by Staples View Post
    Cheapest and best imo is r33gtst. Bolts right on. Engineer wont bat an eyelid. R34 is larger but more $$ r33 GTSt fits under stock wheels also.
    I did exactly this. I even removed my ABS and no one noticed anything different.
    A man can never step into the same river twice. Because, it's not the same river, it's not the same man.

Evo 8 brembos with discs. secondhand $600
    online dog bones. $160
    bolt on
    done
    Originally Posted by Tut
    THEY SHOULD ANALYY RAPE THEMSELVES WITH A FUCING CACTUS UPSIDE DOWN WITH COCONIUTS AND PINEABPPLES AS CHRISTMAS BALLS THE FUCKNIG THIEVENG CUNTS ID RATHER DIE FROM HAVING A RAINBOW UNICORN URETHRALLY RAPE ME THAN TO FUCKNIG DO BUSINESS WITH THEM CUTNST EVER AGAN

R33 GTST with new discs, bolt on for around $600

Simple, easy and solid.
    Chris
    ------
    The new nugget
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence