Thread: T400 not getting drive?

T400 not getting drive?

Car has previously sat for moderate periods of time. Gear selection/drive was fine time before last it was driven. Dropped the sump, oil still looked new, no smell in the oil or bad noises when it didn't drive. It had a filter and oil a year or two ago low use since. Has had a magnet under the sump to collect anything that comes through, everything looks fine. Linkage seems to be doing everything right to where it dissappears into valve body.

Anything common on these? Can drain back from torque converter happen? That wouldn't stop the pump in the case anyway?

Was probably slightly over full when drained.

Has it got anything? No drive or reverse? since it was full of oil , next check would be a pressure gauge , there is a port on the left side . See what's going on .

I'd be putting more oil in it.
    I don't mean to insult, but do you know how to properly check the oil level in these?

Unfortunately die to the location of it another car which needs brake calipers rebuild and some other shit hot after driven running level check isn't really practical. Will see what we can do where it is after giving it standard fill.

Registered User Panda I give no fuck's Avatar
    After storage did you find it had lost drive and then inspect oil pan and redo filter and fluid or do you do filter and fluid post storage and then find it has no drive
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Z View Post
    If TK told me to close my eyes and bend over, I would.

Quote Originally Posted by Slides View Post
    Unfortunately die to the location of it another car which needs brake calipers rebuild and some other shit hot after driven running level check isn't really practical. Will see what we can do where it is after giving it standard fill.
    If there's any chance it's short on oil, you'd kill it before it got hot anyway.

When cold and not running the level should show way high on the dipstick.
    If you start it and it disappears from the dipstick, then it needs oil. When running and cold, aim for the low mark on the stick as a safe starting point.

If it were mine, I wouldn't even start it without adding more oil.

It was turned off and pushed/towed as soon as it didn't drive. Lost drive before dropping the pan. Will give it a decent fill and check as soon as it's running.