Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ebay Ducati Diavel - what could go wrong?

Ebay Ducati Diavel - what could go wrong?

It was late and i already had a few drinks, made a bid of $8989.89 and I won?

Always wanted a red bike.

spoke to the guy on the phone, seems decent enough. Flicked him the cash and bike is getting picked up this weekend by Joe Khoury some crazy harley drag racing guy.

comes with a venture rack and an error "EXVL" it's located 900km from me, I asked the guy if I should ride it home and he said I might die if it rains, has diablo rosso 2 tyres.

I've already had it transferred into my name as I was in Sydney for work. RMS office in city opens at 7am fucking so good.

will get to melbourne on tuesday,hope it's going to be ok.

Ebay Ducati Diavel - what could go wrong?

Wow I had no idea these were only $9k

Edit: score!! cheapest one on Bikesales is $12k
    Last edited by Mini_Me; 15-03-19 at 12:16 PM.

Supraholic
    That's nuts, I didn't think people actually bought vehicles on eBay. Did he not have success selling it on Gumtree or the like?
    '13 Yamaha R1 // '00 Toyota Supra RZ // '72 Ford XA Fairmont

Sell me your old videogames? Nintendo, Sega, PlayStation, some XBox...

Quote Originally Posted by shifted View Post
    That's nuts, I didn't think people actually bought vehicles on eBay. Did he not have success selling it on Gumtree or the like?
    i bought a magna with 6mths reg for $300 once on ebay, after 3 months sold it for $300, next guy wrote it off (not at fault) original owner was located and pretty pisses as it changed hands 5-6 times, but was happy to split the $3k payout with the current owner

poor bastard bust have had an old address with vic roads, cos that bitch racked up some tolls and traffic fines i hear LOL

anyway

-CSH

I was expecting it to go crazy but the auction ended on a Thursday morning at 10ish am. The seller has a few bikes and wasn't in the mood to have his time wasted.

Have to see how it goes, I did a pssr check came through clean. The motor might grenade on me first day, who knows?

I've never bought a car on eBay, you can't pay via eBay is like a car sales thing $60 fee up to a certain value.

bike came last night, the guy that delivered the bike is Joe Khoury some dude that drags Harleys. big balls.

He told me he spoke to the PO and the guy doesn't even know why he bought the bike, he's going through a divorce so getting rid of everything for cash.

it's in really good nick, I am very happy with it apart from an error that says EXVL, did some google, it's an exhaust valve to control noise. I will fuck that off anyways, no biggie.

took it for a ride to fill up petrol, looks huge, but it's shorter than the sportster and the handlebar is lower, it feels like it weights a lot less as well.

it's so fast, there's a low rev/speed vibration, under 2500rpm? but when you're giving it some beans it's so smooth. It's brutal fast, I twisted the throttle and literally it's 100km/h+.

couple of pics. I've seen black ones, and thought i would want a black with the LED update headlight. but the red is really nice and i don't mind the big round headlight.

Nice score.

Don't you find it hard to reach the ground when you have to stop??? The bike looks a little big for you

Quote Originally Posted by PXL265 View Post
    Nice score.

Don't you find it hard to reach the ground when you have to stop??? The bike looks a little big for you
    amazing!

agricultural
    So... Engine from this into the cappuccino, right?

Awesome buy mate!

Diavel is on the must own list one day.

Push it good
    Frequently bought together "other motorbike parts"

Quote Originally Posted by Spammy View Post
    Frequently bought together "other motorbike parts"
    Fuck me, the anodised and plished fucking tassels and geegaws you see on Diavels... not as bad as Harleys or GSXRs I guess though.
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Anyway - that looks like good buying!
    Do something about the exhaust and the scabby looking shield on it asap!
    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

yep need to get rid of the huge exhaust, folks are getting a termi can from an s1000rr and getting a shop to knock up a link pipe. that's like $600 bucks all up, no one selling 2nd hand termis for these, fuck paying 2k for one.

Quote Originally Posted by PXL265 View Post
    Nice score.

haha a minute ago he was knocking that torch he's playing with on every car and bike in the garage

I like Diavels, but buggered if I'd own one. Enjoy

Did a major service on the bike as I've been racking up about 400km a week. The bike has always been slightly heavy doing slow turns, I thought it was because the rear tyre being huge and all that. Had the rear tyre replaced and all of the wobbly heaviness feeling is now gone.

$329 for a rear tyre.

Also chucked on an exhaust because too quiet.

And internet flash tune using a tuneboy cable.

I'm really enjoying riding this bike, I switch to the sportster every now and then to keep the battery and bike from dying and it feels so slow to the point of being dangerous when entering freeway.

Got a new helmet and a sena20s cheap. The helmet is so light. It replaces my 10 year old Shoei xr1100.

Picked up another bike as I was looking for a 748 or a 998.

See how it goes when it arrives.

i hated these when they first came out, but they've grown on me for sure. bloke I know (who's old man owns a ducati shop) had one as a daily for a while. he stuck giant bars on it, looked cool as hell.

do like, and what a great buy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jones View Post
    Farmer its all about how you cut them up, like a dead hooker jigsaw puzzle.

Please apply some finest aussie export satin black to those silver scoops on the side of the tank - makes it look really dated for some reason. KTHXBYE.

Opens
    So much better with the Termi's. Kinda agree with gamma on the silver too.

Nice bike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jones View Post
    Sneakers prompted the erection. Engine stand made me do something with it

Proper Carbon would be ideal, but I reckon satin black would look better than carbon look vinyl wrap. Not sure on the low viz grey of the nosecone above the headlight either.

The sidescooops are metal and the other grey parts are plastic so it looks all patchy. Agree it looks fucken weird due to the different shades. Another Diavel with round light parks close by at work and that bike has all these carbon parts. Looks trick but can't imagine how much he's spent. He's got like fucking every little bits done either in carbon or anodised stuff. I can't be fucked spending that kinda coin on it as it gets left out in the rain and shit.

To be honest I reckon it would look like shit in black. If I find a really cheap set of carbon scoops and the headlight thing I might get it. Next thing to do is something about the lights, it's way shit and for a 2011 bike should have had something more substantial than yellow halogen globes.

Quote Originally Posted by im_boostn View Post
    What software etc did you use? I need to flash my Hypermotard so I can put on my full exhaust and airbox.

Also, where did you get the tune from?

I use their software the comes with the cable. There's a link, but you need to buy the license and install it to your PC. Comes with a bunch of tune and plenty on the forum. But best to get on a dyno with someone who is experienced with tuning twins. I'm not sure what cable the motards uses. I would love a hypermotard but I'm 162cm not happening with the crazy seat height.

Did a major service on the bike as I've been racking up about 400km a week. The bike has always been slightly heavy doing slow turns, I thought it was because the rear tyre being huge and all that. Had the rear tyre replaced and all of the wobbly heaviness feeling is now gone.

$329 for a rear tyre.

Also chucked on an exhaust because too quiet.

I'm really enjoying riding this bike, I switch to the sportster every now and then to keep the battery and bike from dying and it feels so slow to the point of being dangerous when entering freeway.

Got a new helmet and a sena20s cheap. The helmet is so light. It replaces my 10 year old Shoei xr1100.

Picked up another bike as I was looking for a 748 or a 998.

See how it goes when it arrives.

Nice pick up doesn't look much like a 748 or 998 though.

I know, I'm still on the look out for a yellow 748

If you need parts mate, I work for a Ducati dealer
    No Power chips thanks

Quote Originally Posted by (pennywise) View Post
    If you need parts mate, I work for a Ducati dealer
    Thanks mate! doh could have hit you up for a bunch of service items. Already have Botha bikes all sorted.

I use their software the comes with the cable. There's a link, but you need to buy the license and install it to your PC. Comes with a bunch of tune and plenty on the forum. But best to get on a dyno with someone who is experienced with tuning twins. I'm not sure what cable the motards uses. I would love a hypermotard but I'm 162cm not happening with the crazy seat height.
    Thanks mate. By the way. I saw a yellow 748 on a Ducati aus buy and sell page on Facebook the other night.

I have to wait a couple of months or else nopics will burn my garage down