Thread: fast ez-efi - any good??

fast ez-efi - any good??

Anyone had any experience with the FAST ez-efi systems??

pros / cons ?

considering it for use on a yet to be bought 302 windsor with mild mods in a project car.

Thanks

$900 USD for an electronic carb, nope. Look local.
    P.S. There is no such thing as self tuning.
    David Fraser - Automotive Historian!

Quote Originally Posted by bigmuz View Post
    You can't polish a turd but you can put 600hp in it and laugh your fucking arse off coming past someone sideways at Powercruise.

We have sold a few of them, TBH the Holley Sniper is much better unit though

must be something to them as so many manufacturers are bringing them out now.

yes the holley looks to be a nicer bit of kit. base kit is au$2k from vpw. need to look up some reviews i suppose. don't like the single oxy sensor & the fact that everything is built into the throttlebody....
    prob end up making something up with a proflow billet 4barrel throttlebody, edelbrock efi manifold and a microsquirt or something

Purist, whats that? Jason Broadhurst's Avatar
    The fact that everything is built in to the throttle body is what sells these units. Idle air control, TPS, intake sensor, injectors all on a 12 pin connector straight in to the ECU is great for the target audience.

The Holley stuff is really well put together FWIW, though I can't compare that to any of the others.
    Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Having pulled apart one of the snipers, you cant get the parts together, ie; injectors, tps etc etc for the cost of a sniper.

I'm lost why you would not go carb in a mild old V8 set up. What am I missing here?

No boost, no additives, pump petrol and mild motor that isn't running at different altitudes, wouldn't a carb be cheaper and better an option?

Don't get me wrong, I think EFI is good, but proper EFI that has stuff like fuel rails, well tuned computer etc. But these "all in a carb housing" things I just don't understand.

Mizone, the "all in a carb housing" units I have experience with are all of the EFI components just packaged in a holley bolt pattern. There is very little compromise - which can not be said about a carburettor.

They include idle control solenoid, intake air sensors, 4 high impedance injectors, throttle bodies and a map sensor with a plug in loom to a decent enough ECU.
    Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Opens
    Quote Originally Posted by mizone View Post
    I'm lost why you would not go carb in a mild old V8 set up. What am I missing here?

No boost, no additives, pump petrol and mild motor that isn't running at different altitudes, wouldn't a carb be cheaper and better an option?

Don't get me wrong, I think EFI is good, but proper EFI that has stuff like fuel rails, well tuned computer etc. But these "all in a carb housing" things I just don't understand.

With EFI you get cold start, 02 sensor feedback, fine tuning abilities without needing to order jets, plus the logic to safely control fuel pumps and things like engine fans. More advanced ECU's can do fuel table corrections, knock control, the list goes on.

Its simply better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Broadhurst View Post
    Mizone, the "all in a carb housing" units I have experience with are all of the EFI components just packaged in a holley bolt pattern. There is very little compromise - which can not be said about a carburettor.

They include idle control solenoid, intake air sensors, 4 high impedance injectors, throttle bodies and a map sensor with a plug in loom to a decent enough ECU.
    You're really turning me off these "All in a carb housing" things Jason.

Jason Broadhurst