Thread: Great wall gearboxes - toyota?

Great wall gearboxes - toyota?

Hey guys

As the title suggests, there have been rumours circulating for years that great wall 5 speed boxes are toyota w series, and i even heard the 6 speeds were w series based, but no posts ive seen so far confirm the rumours.

Has anyone actually checked one to confirm or deny?

I had a quick look under a GW SA220 today and it all looks pre 05 hilux. It had an efi 4y, the gearbox looked the right shape for a w, diff looked g series etc etc.

Tia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdyno
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripper
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Mate just bought a v240 and it sure looked like an old Toyota 5 speed now that I mention it.

I will have a look under it this week hopefully

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has been possible to buy china copy W series boxes since the early 2000's, from memory it was Rollin Imports on the Gold Coast used to sell them along with the copy hilux cylinder heads
    Last edited by jasonp1977; 08-06-19 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonp1977 View Post
    It has been possible to buy china copy W series boxes since the early 2000's, from memory it was Rollin Imports on the Gold Coast used to sell them along with the copy hilux cylinder heads
    Yep got a china 4y for the old mans hilux from there at least 10 years ago. Still goes today as a farm hack.

Pretty sure rolin would want more for their gboxes than i can get a nuggety GW box for though
    Last edited by MRMOPARMAN; 08-06-19 at 08:51 PM.
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Registered User bigshipengine.jpg's Avatar
    My old man has an older Great wall (probably 8 years old now) with the 2.4 Mitsubishi donk so that model may have a Toyota box or are we talking current stuff?
    It Places the lotion in the basket!

Was at the Shanghai yearly auto parts show last year, found heaaaaaps of knock off W series gearboxes.

Quote Originally Posted by bigshipengine.jpg View Post
    My old man has an older Great wall (probably 8 years old now) with the 2.4 Mitsubishi donk so that model may have a Toyota box or are we talking current stuff?
    Yeah should do if my sources are correct. Thats actually the gbox/bellhousing combo my mate (who i started this thread for) is looking for.

Registered User bigshipengine.jpg's Avatar
    Interesting i assumed a Mitso box.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    It Places the lotion in the basket!

Eurotrash :D
    Never mind that, 1gz greatwall?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marv View Post
    Only be concerned if that Dunning-Kruger Motorsports bloke is there and goes all Captain Damphands McGigglefingers on you after a couple of lemon squashes....

I'M NOT A HOOKER BUT 20 BUCKS IS 20 BUCKS...

robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Waste of a good 1GZ.

| 1963 RK43 Toyota Lite-Stout (Stanley) | 2002 EC5W Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type-S (Larry) |

Quote Originally Posted by Gammaboy View Post
    PF - We're not happy till you're not happy.

1gz torque would fuck up a w series spectacularly

It might not be so bad with the torque pulses spread across 12 cylinders. I wouldn't want to bet on it though.
    Norbie!

Littering and....?
    Is this the box you are talknig about?
    https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...3a283943uBAcEL

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    Is this the box you are talknig about?
    https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...3a283943uBAcEL
    Maybe, not sure. They are showing multiple gearboxes in the pics