Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: $50-60k two car garage?

Learns you for bragging in every single SUV thread that a focus and golf is perfect for 2 kids

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Tow car/camping bus: 2011 D40 Navara ST

Baby mobile: 2016 Nissan Qashqai

75 Mini Clubman club racer - DCOE powah

At least yours is 4 door. You should have heard the dressing down I got when I announced that Iíd got a deal to trade the XR5 on a mint low km 2 door LV RS.
    2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
    2007 KTM 250 SX

Quote Originally Posted by Monza View Post
    I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Registered User bigshipengine.jpg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by da9jeff View Post
    Learns you for bragging in every single SUV thread that a focus and golf is perfect for 2 kids

Had to lol at this.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    It Places the lotion in the basket!

Quote Originally Posted by itsnotagsr View Post
    Buy OP's Focus RS?
    Itís not the worst idea in the world, although I used to have one. Kind of been there done that...

Good thread. Am in a similar situation.
    Captain Slow and I were talking about it today. I recon a good option is an ex demo V6 ZB commo (give no fuck for badges) and an older A45 rather than Golf R because I hate DSG. Gives a smallish hatch for local work and a comfortable big wagon for the family trips away (regular occasion for us as our family is all interstate). Both are AWD, rapid and comfortable.
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Quote Originally Posted by seedyrom
    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

PF's #1 soft roader advocate Captiva Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Captain Slow and I were talking about it today. I recon a good option is an ex demo V6 ZB commo (give no fuck for badges) and an older A45 rather than Golf R because I hate DSG. Gives a smallish hatch for local work and a comfortable big wagon for the family trips away (regular occasion for us as our family is all interstate). Both are AWD, rapid and comfortable.
    If I were looking at a ZB, I'd really want to test-drive the 2L back-to-back with the V6, just because so many people have said the V6 really doesn't offer a lot Ö and I don't believe AWD offers as much extra as it did back when Subaru were selling the first-gen Liberty. But obviously, if you're using that car in places where you get black ice etc it's a bit different Ö or slippery boat ramps, I imagine, if you're towing a tinnie Ö I'm sure there are other examples where you want no more clearance but drive to 4 wheels.

On the hating of DSG's, if it's for reliability then yeah; but I don't think the AMG's dual-clutch robotised-manual is any better at driving (eg. low-speed stuff, reversing up hills etc) than VW's.
    Last edited by Captiva Fan; 01-07-19 at 10:30 AM.
    Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

I value and appreciate your input.
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

*deftly leaps over sar chasm*

So when are you buying so we can live through your purchases vicariously?
    Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Probably cycle at least one of our two cars out at the end of the year or early next year.

Just get her an XC70 wagon, the kids will trash it anyway so it might as well be a car that you don't care much for.
    2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
    2007 KTM 250 SX

Quote Originally Posted by Monza View Post
    I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

The royal penis is clean tremolo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by da9jeff View Post

I donít recall that happening

Quote Originally Posted by Flem-Ball View Post
    Slowly planting Megane RS as an acceptable 2nd car to the no pics once i change jobs in the coming months....
    Anyone know how good or bad the reliability is for the 16-17 Megane RS 275 Cups?

Am also considering them with the nopics as a replacement hot hatch for her (as a left field choice)

We are in a similar way (wife has a '17 RAV4 and me wanting a fun car). I was always hoping to get an 86 as my fun car, but the lack of rear legroom is not great and I can't imagine either of my kids would be happy to have their legs squashed whenever we went in it. Was looking at anything new, under $55k and 'fun'. I've landed on the Hyundai I30N Fastback (I think its meant to be I30 Fastback N, but that doesn't make sense to me). On a lease it will work out at around $43k for the lux pack and its really nice to drive and be in (from the 15 mins test drive I had). Manual only which is fine for us and my wife seems to like it.
    I looked at Clio, Megane, GTI and some second hand stuff. I'm not a fan of Hyundai (my parents have had about 6 or 7), but for the money they are exceptional value. Am on an I30N Facebook group and there are lots of people that have come from Focus RS' to the N and everyone is happy. Some people had issues, some just wanted to get out of the RS before warranty was up....

I'll be ordering mine very soon.

p.s. Also chuckled at Trem's insistence of being ok with two smallish cars with two kids.
    I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Ferrari 250gto breadvan as the sensible car for her

Audi R10 tdi as your daily
    Quote Originally Posted by thebluerx7 View Post
    The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Quote Originally Posted by yohoes View Post
    Anyone know how good or bad the reliability is for the 16-17 Megane RS 275 Cups?

Am also considering them with the nopics as a replacement hot hatch for her (as a left field choice)
    Mates had his since new - only warranty work it needed was a brand new seat (it didn't actually need the whole thing) because the harness failed so airbag light was on.

Plenty of people with the 2nd gen RS that drive them hard and often since 2011/12 now and they seem to cope well.
    #teamtremolo
    Quote Originally Posted by brasher
    TJ is 99% African American.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    And i'd still fuck Betty....

Quote Originally Posted by 23Kev View Post
    We are in a similar way (wife has a '17 RAV4 and me wanting a fun car). I was always hoping to get an 86 as my fun car, but the lack of rear legroom is not great and I can't imagine either of my kids would be happy to have their legs squashed whenever we went in it. Was looking at anything new, under $55k and 'fun'. I've landed on the Hyundai I30N Fastback (I think its meant to be I30 Fastback N, but that doesn't make sense to me). On a lease it will work out at around $43k for the lux pack and its really nice to drive and be in (from the 15 mins test drive I had). Manual only which is fine for us and my wife seems to like it.
    I looked at Clio, Megane, GTI and some second hand stuff. I'm not a fan of Hyundai (my parents have had about 6 or 7), but for the money they are exceptional value. Am on an I30N Facebook group and there are lots of people that have come from Focus RS' to the N and everyone is happy. Some people had issues, some just wanted to get out of the RS before warranty was up....

I'll be ordering mine very soon.

p.s. Also chuckled at Trem's insistence of being ok with two smallish cars with two kids.
    Keen to hear how you get on with the I30N. I had a Focus RS also and am considering an I30N as a second fun car able to take two kids in the back. Seem like good bang for the buck.

$30k can get you 2010 Mercedes-Benz ML63 AMG for family wagon

$35k gets you an A45 for daily traffic light drags
    Im not only sure Im HIV positive.

Push it good
    Quote Originally Posted by Bermo View Post
    $30k can get you 2010 Mercedes-Benz ML63 AMG for family wagon

$35k gets you an A45 for daily traffic light drags
    One of the guys at work bought a 2008 ML 63 for mid 20s. Six months into it he got sick of the never ending dramas. BMW dealer gave him $12k as a trade in on a new X5.
    Last edited by Spammy; 09-07-19 at 03:49 PM.

^ In that case there is 2010 X5M for $33k

Best of both worlds
    Im not only sure Im HIV positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Spammy View Post
    One of the guys at work bought a 2008 ML 63 for mid 20s. Six months into it he got sick of the never ending dramas. BMW dealer gave him $12k as a trade in on a new X5.
    Are ML's still made by the Fat Men of Alabama that were sacked from the Chevrolet factory for low quality output?

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Mates had his since new - only warranty work it needed was a brand new seat (it didn't actually need the whole thing) because the harness failed so airbag light was on.

Plenty of people with the 2nd gen RS that drive them hard and often since 2011/12 now and they seem to cope well.
    Yea ok, might continue to window shop for them then

Edit- TJ you have/had a Renault hot hatch didnt you? Who were you getting to look after it?
    Last edited by yohoes; 09-07-19 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yohoes View Post

It's good. Had one for 3 years. The dealer updated the satnav which bricked it leading to replacement under warranty. Only other issue was one engine mount (might have been driving related). They don't use oil or have gearbox issues like vw.
    POWER CHIP free since 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by timtx5 View Post
    It's good. Had one for 3 years. The dealer updated the satnav which bricked it leading to replacement under warranty. Only other issue was one engine mount (might have been driving related). They don't use oil or have gearbox issues like vw.

More to the point hows the 4c going?

Little engine that could. itsnotagsr's Avatar
    Or a anything with the BMW/Renault Prince engine (like Minis - ask me how I know lol).
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
    (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
    Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Cheers

The idea of one excites me more than a new ST.. and somehow im more scared of a Focus RS fucking us over rather than a Renault lol

Why hasn't this thread ended with Trem buying 2 x F40's, one of them with roof racks and a towbar? Fucking hell sort your life out mate!
    Hide yo' wife!!!

Or an AU wagin on gas and an AU XR8 pursuit ute

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

The royal penis is clean tremolo's Avatar
    Fuck youse, Iím keeping the cars because itís all you ever need

Plus while Iím in Melbourne Iíll pop in and buy the F50 Dutton just listed and install a roof box and tow bar

You'll need a LM 002 eventually for the school run